10 Aug Senior Buyer/Planner
Position: Senior Buyer
Summary: Purchases materials and services for the organization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Verifies nomenclature and specifications of purchasing request.
- As required, searches inventory records and warehouse to determine if material on hand is in sufficient quantity.
- Consults catalogs, interviews suppliers, and searches the internet to obtain process and specifications.
- Types or writes invitation of bid forms and mails forms to supplier firms.
- Types purchase orders and sends copy to supplier and team originating request.
- Complies records of items purchased, process, deliveries, and inventories.
- Computes total cost of items purchased.
- Confers with suppliers concerning late deliveries.
- Compares prices, specifications, and delivery dates and places orders with suppliers.
- Verifies bills from suppliers with purchase orders and approves bills for payment.
- Assists in writing work instructions and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Problem Solving – Recognizes and analyzes work related issues. Uses available resources to evaluate potential solutions. Not only identifies issues, but also recommends solutions.
Communication – Presents ideas effectively in formal and informal situations with all team members. Conveys thoughts clearly and consisely. Listens well and asks appropriate questions. Communicates well in writing.
Customer Orientation – Degree to which work performed is focused and responsive to internal and external customer
needs and expectations.
Team Orientation – Ability to work cooperatively and effectively with others towards the attainment of team goals and objectives.
Job Knowledge – Possesses sufficient skill and knowledge to perform all parts of the job effectively, efficiently and safely. Relates current issues to historical issues. Provides technical assistance to others. Is consulted by others on technical matters. Makes active effort to stay up-to-date.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Associate’s degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of vendors or team members of organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
EOE AA M/F/H/V